Whether you wish to calm your mind, restore your body, boost your energy or simply enjoy the great outdoors, there is sure to be a Simply Soulful yoga class, event or retreat, to suit you in Salcombe, Kingsbridge or further afield.
I offer weekly classes including: Hatha Yoga, Flow Yoga, Glow in the Dark Yoga, Yin Yoga; and seasonal events including: Goat Yoga, SUP Yoga, Beach Yoga, Cream Tea Yoga, Brunch Yoga, Goat Yoga, Well Woman Yoga, Festive Yoga and more. One-to-one, private groups, bespoke sessions, workshops, retreats and gift vouchers are also available.
Look inside yourself; everything that you want, you already are
Introduction to Yoga
Learn to smile on the inside, by taking time out for yourself and your yoga practise. Let go of tension and invite relaxation and empowerment into your body and mind.
I have practised yoga for over 20 years and have been lucky enough to train with Friends of Yoga Society International as a Hatha Yoga Teacher, and additionally with Norman Blair as a Yin Yoga Teacher.
Yoga is not about touching your toes. It is about what you learn on the way down
Yoga asana is tailored to suit the individual and use of blocks, belts, bolsters, blankets and eye pillows is encouraged in all classes. We might use mudras (hand gestures), bandhas (locks) and mantra (voice) to further enhance our relaxation. This is always optional and you are invited to join in with whatever you wish.
Keeping the qualities of Patanjalis 8-limbs of Yoga, in mind:
- Yama (self-restraints) – Ahimsa (non-violence), sataya (thruthfulness)
- Niyama (self-study) – Svadhayaya (listen to your body), Isvarapranidhana (surrender and trust)
- Asana – postures
- Pranayama – breathe control – Open and balance our pranic pathways
- Pratyahara – Sense withdrawal (concentration)
The Yamas and Niyamas, remind us to be kind, gentle and honest with ourselves. Listen and trust your body. Be open to any messages that it may wish to tell you. Please let your body and mind guide you in your practise.
The benefits you may receive from your yoga practise include:
- Increased relaxation, flexibility, weight loss, energy levels, proprioception
- Stronger muscles and bones
- Improved posture, balance, lung capacity, heart health, sleep patterns, toxin elimination, joint health and mobility
- Reduced stress, anxiety, pain, blood pressure, emotional frustration
- Supports digestive, circulatory, respiratory, nervous and immune systems
- Enhanced healthy habits, positive thinking, spiritual growth, involvement in own healing, inner wisdom, confidence, self-esteem, self-worth
- A sense of tranquillity, calmness and positive well-being
- Greater creativity, clarity of thought and concentration
- Balance of mind, body and soul