Everything we do, feel and think is influenced by the food we eat. Simply put, FOOD IS OUR FUEL. When we don’t give it what it needs, it breaks down and/ or runs out of gas (like putting petrol into a diesel car or allowing the tank to run dry!) and when we give the body what it needs, it is capable of amazing things.
- Balance blood-sugar levels.
- Provides sustainable energy.
- Provides nutrients needed for metabolic/ energy producing process.
- Provides protein for growth, repair and performance.
- Provides fat for energy and optimum health.
Nori Snaps are a long-time favourite as a healthy snack to help my increase and maintain my energy, whilst on the go, or as an alternative to trial mix. Give them a go and let me know how you get on.
- Seeds: Packed with nutrients, fibre, protein, minerals and healthy fats (helpful to maintain satiety levels, energy-giving, anti-inflammatory benefits and manages blood-sugar).
- Nori: Excellent source of protein, vitamin B12, Vitamin C, iron, calcium and iodine (helps maintain energy, regulates metabolism, weight management, healthy hair, skin, teeth, and nails).
Recipe for Nori Energy Snacks
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cooking Time: 45 minutes
Yield: Approx. 12 sticks (2 servings)
- 4 sheets of sushi nori
- 1 cup (120g raw sunflower seeds)
- 2 tablespoons (20g) chia seeds
- 1 tablespoon chili powder or curry power
- ¼ teaspoon Himalayan salt
- ¼ cup (60ml) water
- Pre-heat the oven to 180f (82c)
- Line a baking tray with grease proof paper
- Prepare a glass of water for sealing the nori sheets
- Cut the nori sheets into thirds
- Use a food processor to grind the sunflower seeds into a flour
- Stir the sunflower seed flour, chia seeds, chilli powder, salt and water into a thick dough (it should hold form when pinched)
- Lay out the nori sheets
- Place 1 tablespoon of the seed mixture into a line, lengthwise on the nori sheet
- Use a finger to lightly wet the outside edge of the nori sheet
- Start from the inside edge of the nori sheet, roll the nori sheet around the seed mixture
- Seal the roll by pressing/ sealing the wet side of the nori sheet
- Place, seam side down on the baking tray
- Repeat until all seed mixture is used up
- Bake for 45 minutes, or until the snaps are firm and dry to touch
- Allow to cool before storing
Storage: Store in a ventilated container, such as a paper bag for up to 3 days
If you would like to discover more natural methods to help increase energy, I offer an annual workshop in ‘Increasing Energy & Vitality’ at part of my Alchemy Yoga programme … please Contact Me for further details – Namaste … x