SUP Yoga Retreat (Sea, Sand & Scones!)
A coastal yoga adventure….. Join me for an action-packed 1-day yoga retreat in an area of outstanding natural beauty within South Devon. Enjoy everything our natural playground has to offer with a full-day agenda including Stand-Up Paddle boarding, SUP Yoga (yoga on a Stand Up Paddle Board), Beach Yoga, Beach Hula Hoop and a Glow in the Dark Beach Yoga session. We will also enjoy breakfast, lunch, beach supper and a healthy Devon Cream Tea with spectacular sea views.
12 hours | 4 Meals | 5 Activities | Fun and laughter with like minded folk – What’s not to love?!
A variety of outdoor yoga sessions and delicious food, will energise our bodies and minds; along with other uplifting water and beach activities which will expand and lift our hearts, set this 1-day retreat, as truly one of a kind.
Outstanding natural beauty surrounds us in our natural playground, allowing us to express our love and gratitude for the fresh Devon air around us, the water beneath us, and the fire within us.
Our natural playground: The estuary tidal waters offer secluded creeks, sandy beaches and rolling Devon hills, making Kingsbridge the perfect place to combine yoga and Stand Up Paddle boarding (SUP), for beginners and seasoned practitioners alike. Enjoy the ancient practice of yoga combined with SUP boarding as we take our favourite yoga routines from the mat and onto the water! Improve your balance, core strength, emotional and spiritually harmony, as your body works to stay stable on the board challenged by both wind and tide. We will also be visiting the beautiful areas of Hope Cove and South Milton for our beach yoga and other activities.
Food: Delicious wholesome vegetarian and vegan food for breakfast, lunch and dinner, plus snacks, tea, coffee and herbal teas. If you have any dietary requirements please let me know at the time of booking, so that I can do my best to accommodate your needs. During our retreat we will also enjoy breakfast, lunch, beach supper and a healthy Devon Cream Tea with the opportunity to eat at two of the many excellent local eateries. All food and drink is included within the price.
Weather: Please note all outside activities are weather and tide dependant.
Meeting point: Waterborn SUP, Crabshell Quay, Embankment Road, Kingsbridge, Devon, TQ7 1JZ.
Transport & Parking:
By rail: Totnes railway station, with links to London Paddington, is approximately 40 minutes away by taxi.
By bus: Kingsbridge bus station is a few minutes walk away. See Tally Ho Coach & Bus for timetable information.
Car/taxi share: Please let me know if you wish to arrange a car/ taxi share.
By car: There is some free parking available at The Crabshell pub. Additional parking is available on the road approx. 100 yards away and a pay and display carpark at Kingsbridge Quay (TQ7 1HN approx. 0.5 mile away). We will car share from here after our first activity.
If you are combining the 1-day retreat with a longer stay to Kingsbridge, there are several pay and display car parks, one at the Quay, another at the top of Fore Street. Weekly parking permits (currently £40) can be purchased from the Kingsbridge Information Centre at the Quay, either when you arrive or in advance (phone 01548 853195 to find out procedure).
What is included?
- Light breakfast, lunch, beach supper
- Cream tea, snacks, tea, coffee and water
- 1 x SUP session
- 1 x SUP Yoga
- 1 x Beach Hoop
- 1 x Beach Yoga
- 1 x Glow in the Dark Yoga
- SUP board, wet suit, buoyancy aid
What is excluded?
- Beach towels
- Yoga mats (old mat or beach towel is fine)
- Please bring your own reusable water bottle, swim suit, folding chair for the beach, warm clothing
- Travel to and from activities (we will car share where possible)
- Personal travel and trip cancellation insurance
- Personal spending (shopping, souvenirs, telephone, laundry, extra drinks & snacks, etc)
- Off-site Parking
Click for parking details
If this event is full, and you wish to join the waiting list, please contact me
- 8:30 - 9:30
- Arrival, breakfast & tea/coffee
- Choose from: Granola pot, croissant or bacon bap with tea or coffee
- 9:30 - 10:15
- A gentle, early morning paddle on the calm waters of Kingsbridge estuary
- 10:15 - 11:30
- SUP Yoga
- All abilities yoga in a pretty, secluded creek
- 11:45 - 13:00
- Enjoy a delicious Buddha Bowl from Zest Deli
- 13:30 - 14:30
- Beach Yoga
- Yoga with sand between our toes
- 14:45 - 15:45
- Cream Tea
- A healthy alternative to a Devon classic
- 16:30 - 17:30
- Beach Hula Hoop
- Body sculpting, mood enhancing fitness
- 17:30 - 19:15
- Beach Supper
- Alfresco dining at its best
- 19:30 - 20:30
- Glow in the Dark Beach Yoga
- Rainbow lights and up lifting tunes
- 20:30 -
- Fond farewells