Goat Yoga (Adult Session – Sat 12.00pm)
Book a public adult (only) session and connect with your Inner Kid!
A truly therapeutic workout for the mind, body and soul, guaranteed to help you smile on the inside (and out, until your face hurts!!). Staying true to the teachings of yoga, this class aims to relax and revitalise the body whilst boosting and uplifting your mood. During our one-hour yoga session together, we will practice animal-themed asanas and deepen our connection with the animal kingdom, offering us lessons in love and compassion for ourselves and those around us.
Kid Goat Cuddles and Cow Hugs are guaranteed, along with epidemic proportions of smiling – Who can resist settling into a downward facing dog with the cutest upward facing baby goat peeking up at you?
Benefits of Goat Yoga: These fun and therapeutic sessions combine the physical and emotional benefits of yoga, laughter and animal therapy; such as reduced cortisol (stress response) and increased endorphins (natural painkillers), dopamine & oxytocin (happy hormones).
Abilities: All abilities welcome.
Included: Each session includes arrival refreshments, a one-hour yoga class (suitable for all levels), lots of cuddles and Selfies with the friendly, sociable, kid goats plus a meet and greet with some of the other farm animals. Prepare yourself for cuteness overload!
Excluded: Please bring warm clothing (preferably clothing you don’t mind being nibbled by the goats!), and a yoga mat (preferably an old mat rather than a new or expensive one!) and/or a beach towel (or two, if you would like a little extra warmth/ cushioning on the barn floor).
Optional Add-On: You will also have the opportunity of joining the farmer at Dartington Dairy, at 15.30pm for an exciting Goat Milking Experience. Afterwards, visit the farm shop and purchase delicious Dartington Dairy milk, ice cream and kefir products.
Milking Experience add-on cost: £10.00 p/adult (special Goat Yoga price).
Accommodation: Simply add accommodation to create your own unique weekend package.
Local info: Dartington Dairy, Dartington Hall, Dartington Barn Cinema, Sharpham Wine & Cheese Tours, and nearby historic market town of Totnes offers a plethora of accommodation, restaurants and activities to make your visit to Simply Soulful Goat Yoga and Dartington Dairy complete.
Parking: Click for parking details.
Waiting list: If this class is full, and you wish to join the waiting list, please contact me.
EVENT GUIDELINES – please follow these guidelines to ensure your safety and enjoyment of the session:
- Complete one health questionnaire per person and bring it along on the day.
- To ensure you don’t miss out on any of the fun, please arrive at the time stated in the agenda.
- Wear warm, comfortable clothing (preferably clothing you don’t mind being nibbled by the goats!), ideally layers, that can be easily removed and put back on.
- Bring a yoga mat, (preferably an old mat rather than a new or expensive one!) and/or a beach towel (or two, if you would like a little extra warmth/ cushioning on the barn floor).
- Bring a re-useable water bottle to stay hydrated during the session.
- *IMPORTANT INFORMATION*
- Our activity is located on a working farm. For your safety, please be vigilant at all times in order to avoid trip hazards. Wear sturdy shoes for walking around the farm (it can also often be wet and muddy under foot).
- Our activity involves livestock. Please be vigilant at all times to avoid injury from the goats (they can often jump up or nibble). If you are allergic, please bring appropriate medication and advise me in advance. Always wash your hands after coming in to contact with livestock.
- All children to be accompanied by an adult.
- Gov.UK: Advise pregnant woman to not come into contact with expectant farm animals, due to risk of infection to their unborn baby. Please advise me in advance if pregnant.
Private sessions: If you would like to enquire about a private Goat Yoga session, please contact me.
- 12:00 - 12:30
- Registration, refreshments & farm tour
- 12:30 - 13:30
- Goat Yoga
- 13:30 - 14:00
- Goat Cuddles
- 14:00 -
- Free time if joining the optional Milking Experience*
- 15:30 -
- Milking Experience*